Friday, November 28, 2008

Deck The Halls, Or Should I Say The Lawn

8:15 am - Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. Ours was very quite, just four of us at Mother's. I slept in this morning. Gr had a bad night, asking to go out over and over. I still don't know if he didn't feel good, or he smelled something outside. So I didn't get a lot of sleep.

9:00 am - I know now that Gr was sick last night. I found a little mess in the basement. Poor little guy.

3:42 pm - Took me four hours to do the outside Christmas decorating. I'm still not quite done. I need to pick up a small string of lights for a wreath. It was a beautiful day for decorating. I even got a short snow shower.

5:18 pm - We went up to Arlington to go for a walk, and I could not believe the traffic. The roads are busier than on a normal work day. Although I'm sure the news people will say otherwise, I'd say there are a lot of shoppers out doing the Black Friday thing. I'm going to have to get rid of my favorite pair of Carhartt Overalls. I've worn them seven years and it shows. But it's going to be really hard to part with them. Maybe I can turn them into something new.

8:50 pm - I'm watching "The Polar Express". I've never seen it before, nor have I ever read the book. It is a really sweet story. Between this movie, and looking out my window at the Christmas lights I strong earlier today, I do believe I am getting into the Sprite of the Holiday.

No comments: