Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Hearts Candy Flowers

9:52 am - Some days it's just not worth trying to write. Yesterday was one of those. We drove home from Gettysburg and didn't get in until after eight last night. The ski traffic coming up through Troy last night was incredible. I really wanted to sleep in, but I had to had to take Little E to work, and than Big E needed something done at the office. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it felt to get home and take a shower. I'm not planning to get a heck of a lot done today, check my email, do a couple of loads of laundry, and go to Bennington for some groceries. I don't even care about making a fuss about Valentine Day. I am just lying low.

2:27 pm - I had lunch at Pizza Hut and than I went through the depressing shopping trip of Valentine Day. All that red, hearts, candy, and flowers, knowing none of it will be coming my way. And yes I am happily married. I did get Valentine Day gifts for Big and Little. I even made Big E a pie.

5:44 pm - They finally got Big's father tucked into the re-hab in Granville. The crappy doctor's assistance over in Dartmouth scheduled an ambulance, arranged for his release from the hospital, but never bothered to contact the nursing home to see if they had a room. I guess Big's brother GP really went off. Bet they all know they aren't dealing with PP anymore. Sure when Big gets home from visiting I'll get the whole story.

10:25 pm - Big and I had a nice dinner. Little got home sooner than I thought he would, and said that he didn't have to work tomorrow. Big told me hie thinks there is a good chance that he'll be getting a job up on Stratton for this summer. That would make things look so much better. I don't normally take any kind of drugs, but tonight I think I'm going to take something to help me sleep. I really need the rest.

No comments: