Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stressful Day

We went to Rupert last night for Big’s Uncle June’s memorial service. It wasn’t overly sad, and in some way it was hard to remember that he had died. This was really more of family get together. We all had plenty of time to get used to the idea that he was going. It was while I was sitting listening to the minister drone on about a man she obviously didn’t know, that I realized I am the keeper of the family stories. There is one in every family, in my case I’m the keeper of my hubby’s family as well as my own. We aren’t the people who tell the stories necessarily, but we are the ones who start the stories, so everyone else will remember. I don’t know how I became this person for Big’s family, but I know that I inherited it from my Mother’s Father and my Dad’s foster Mother. I wonder who will take over for me.

We have a very annoying wood pecker in the yard this morning. He is hammering on the metal roofing on the barn. It is really loud. Actually all the birds are stupid acting today. Do you remember the Disney movie well everyone is twitter-pated.

Just got a call from C. His English teacher just told him that she didn’t think she could give him a passing grade, so he should drop the class. This suck so big. He has been caring a good solid “B” with his in class work, but she doesn’t like his writing pieces. He’s just been accepted to two colleges and if he gets a bad grade they won’t take him. I think he is going to have to drop the class and take it again latter. I feel like I’ve been kicked in the gut, I can’t even imagine what C is feeling like.

I got through the stress, I think. Ed met at the office, but he didn't do any office work because the poker players showed up. It was alright with me, because I had enough for the day.

No comments: